منتدي الاستاذ الدكتور خالد الفخراني
psychological studies

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

psychological studies
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الاهتمام بالدراسات النفسية

علاج الاضطرابات النفسيه،صعوبات التعلم ،الادمان،امراض التخاطب العنوان طنطا ش المديريه امام ينبع للسياحه
دورات في التخاطب وصعوبات التعلم والقياس النفسي والارشاد النفسي تليفون 0403417942 موبايل :0164299322

مجلة علمية محكمة تصدر بصفة دورية كل ثلاثة أشهر
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

المواضيع الأخيرة
» اهلا بكم
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالأحد يوليو 18, 2021 8:38 am من طرف Admin

» عناصر مهمة في الإرشاد والعلاج النفسي
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالجمعة يوليو 16, 2021 7:43 am من طرف Admin

» المرونة الدماغية والكوارث الطبيعية (أزمة كيوفيد 19)
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء يوليو 28, 2020 6:58 am من طرف Admin

» Effectiveness of Psychological training Program to improve some SociaL Skills using Group play in Children of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء أغسطس 21, 2018 1:08 pm من طرف Admin

» Different Methods of Psychological Stress for families of Martyrs of the war in the light of Different Psychological Variables (Psychological Hardness- Life Orientation - Religious Faith)
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالإثنين أغسطس 06, 2018 12:07 pm من طرف Admin

»  Psychological stress Causing postpartum depression
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالخميس يوليو 26, 2018 6:17 am من طرف Admin

» سيكولوجية المرأة
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالخميس يونيو 28, 2018 8:47 am من طرف ام ابراهيم

» التزاحم السكاني وعلاقته بالسلوك العدواني والتوكيدي لدى الأطفال
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء يوليو 08, 2015 9:02 am من طرف بن رجيل محمد

» الذاكرة وانواعها والنسيان وعلاجه
epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء يونيو 02, 2015 8:58 am من طرف Admin

التبادل الاعلاني
احداث منتدى مجاني
تدفق ال RSS

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

أهلا وسهلا بك زائرنا الكريم, أنت لم تقم بتسجيل الدخول بعد! يشرفنا أن تقوم بالدخول أو التسجيل إذا رغبت بالمشاركة في المنتدى

epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment

اذهب الى الأسفل  رسالة [صفحة 1 من اصل 1]

1epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment Empty epileptic patients suffer from cognitive impairment الخميس مايو 27, 2010 1:28 pm

نفين نورالدين

A new study finds children who develop epilepsy may have problems with language, memory, learning and other cognitive skills.

The finding is significant because researchers discovered the risks are present even if a child has a normal IQ before they experience a first seizure.

Study highlights the importance of testing children with epilepsy for possible cognitive problems soon after they are diagnosed with epilepsy in order to avoid these issues affecting them later in life, especially if they have additional risk factors,” said study author Philip Fastenau, PhD, Professor of Neurology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.

The research was done in collaboration with Indiana University Purdue University in Indianapolis and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.

The study involved 282 school-aged children with an IQ of at least 70 who experienced their first seizure within the previous three months. They were then compared to 147 of their siblings without seizures.

Scientists looked at whether the children with seizures also had other risk factors associated with cognitive problems, including multiple seizures, use of epilepsy drugs, or signs of epilepsy on early tests of brain waves.

Of the children who experienced one seizure, 27 percent showed cognitive difficulties at or near the time of the first seizure and 40 percent of children who had additional risk factors showed signs of cognitive problems. A child with all four risk factors was three times more likely to experience cognitive problems by the first clinic visit compared to children who were seizure-free.

“Surprisingly, our study also found academic achievement in these children was unaffected around the time of the first visit about three months after the first seizure in this study, suggesting there is a window early in epilepsy for intervention to avoid hurting a child’s performance at school.”

“Because this study found cognitive problems at the time of the first seizure or soon after, it provides strong evidence that these cognitive problems can be attributed to underlying brain abnormalities that lead to the epilepsy, rather than from extended exposure to epilepsy drugs or the effect of numerous seizures,” said David Loring, PhD, of Emory University in Atlanta, who wrote an editorial accompanying the study.

https://fakhrany.ahlamontada.net

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة  رسالة [صفحة 1 من اصل 1]

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى